Saturday, March 7, 2009

iTunes University


iTunes University, or iTunes U, is a remarkable idea. Things can be looked up by category or by specific universities. It is completely free. College students always love hearing that.

As a student, I believe that iTunes University would dramatically increase my interest in lecture classes. I love my hands on/active classes this semester, but during my Freshman and Sophomore year, I hated sitting in class for hours and hours. It is education on-the-go. If I took notes, but did not understand what I meant from what I wrote, I could just go back and listen to the lecture again. Also, I could listen to lectures over and over and rewind to parts that were more difficult to understand and fast forward through the things I already got.

As a teacher, I would probably spend less time repeating myself if my students used iTunes U. Because we all know that teachers get asked the same questions over and over because there is always someone that is not paying attention. Also, as one article said, teachers would have more time for their students, like interacting with them, and not just lecturing them and spitting information at them.

Click here and here for links to the information I found.

No comments:

Post a Comment