Saturday, February 28, 2009

Using Ipods in Teaching

I read two articles for this blog post.They are "Ipods in The Classroom" on the CampusGrotto.com and "Duke Sees Growth in Classroom Ipod Use" on news.duke.edu. I must be out of the loop because I have not really heard about the use of Ipods in the classroom, although I think it is a brilliant idea. The two articles I read talked about how Duke University has adopted this use of Ipods.

The main problem with using Ipods in the classroom is that some people abuse the privilege and do not use them correctly. Some people are using them for their intended purpose of entertainment and making it rough for everybody else who is trying to use them to learn. Other than that, everything is else is good. It makes studying easier and more convenient because the Ipod can be taken anywhere, essentially. Class lectures can be uploaded, as well. It's pretty much on-the-go education. With life being so hectic and crazy, this idea seems perfect. I wish South Alabama used this teaching method.

No comments:

Post a Comment