Thursday, April 16, 2009

Last Post!

I did learn things in this class. We also covered alot of things I already did know. I felt like we did stay on the things I already knew a little too long at times, but I guess some people did not know it.

The biggest thing I learned was the whole hyperlink thing. I always wondered how people did hyperlinks and so I am pretty excited I can do that now. I also had never heard of RSS feeds. That's good to know to keep up with certain things like sport pages, weather, etc. I also did not know that google docs had the "document" application. I could never make powerpoints at home because I didn't have powerpoint on my computer, just a viewer. Google Docs definitely came in handy this semester and I am sure it will be handy in the semesters to come. Also, on excel, I learned about how F2 switches to the formula from the actual outcome of the formula.

This may seem kind of stupid, but I did not know how to insert pictures into Word. I would try to do it and I wouldn't open it through insert on Word and so it would just come up as a bunch of symbols and stuff. I am glad I know how to do that now. That seems simple, but I really didn't know. I also didn't really think about the difference between a picture being as text or floating over text.

I also never really knew what podcasts or blogs were. I heard on movies or tv about blogging, but I didn't think educators used it. It's a good way to see what my peers think about things. I wasn't really excited about the podcast, but the program we used to make them was really cool. I downloaded it onto my computer at home.

What would I have liked to learn? I think Dr. Wakeman could have explained WHY we did some of the things we did. Like with the whole float over text vs. picture as text, I'm not sure why they wouldnt all be float over text. I think he covered pretty good what we should know. I think that the whole excel thing should have been more aimed toward what teachers use them for, instead of just random information with money.

No comments:

Post a Comment